Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Pact limited edition - Agua Clara

- strong fruity aroma
-  creamy flat white with a fruity orange taste and some blackberry.
- quite light crema
- slight caramel / brown sugar

After the first order, I was quite impressed with Pact Coffee - The customer service, ease of use and packaging were all great, and the coffee was also nice and chocolatey - So I thought I'd try the limited edition Agua Clara 'Blackcurrant Sorbet'.  As always, it arrived very quickly in the clever packaging described in my last post, which fits through the post box.  This bag was a nicer one to the usual paper looking bag, and also came with a card telling you about the coffee.

It is a bean originated in Huila, Colombia at an altitude of 1732m, produced by Jaiber Joven Murcia by a washed process.  It also gives all of the flavours you should get (which I thought I would see if I could taste too).  When opened, it has a very fruity, berry aroma which is quite strong.  It is very different to the usual cocoa aroma that coffee generally has.  The roast is medium I would say, and quite an even roast.

The flat white was quite creamy with a definite blackcurrant flavour balanced with a nice orange citrus.  The crema was quite light, but a little golden too. There was a brown sugar and caramel sweetness in the coffee which went great with the citrus.  I drank it all way too quick, so didn't get a chance to try it with filter! (Still need to get a syphon...) 



No comments:

Post a Comment