Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 July 2015

Science Cream (LIQUID NITROGEN ICE CREAM)

28 Castle Arcade,
Cardiff,
South Wales,
CF10 1BW

www.sciencecream.co.uk

This place isn't necessarily a coffee shop, but as I am doing a Physics degree, it amazed me! They do also sell coffee (and affogato!), which will be reviewed later in this post.  As you walk in, and even in the sign, it looks partially like a chemistry lab (just with KitchenAid mixers instead).  It had a real modern feel to it, and was definitely an experience.  The workers were very friendly and knowledgeable about the ice cream, recommending what they taste like.

The outside
A nice touch that they have is that they actually make the ice cream while you wait - meaning you will always get extremely fresh ice cream! (Plus, it looks pretty awesome being made).  The liquid nitrogen is poured on the mix, while being mixed, and by the time the ice cream is made, all of the liquid nitrogen has evaporated.  This means that it is completely safe too, as there is no liquid nitrogen left inside! Plus, since it is made quickly, it makes it insanely creamy.

Where the magic happens!


The next time going here, I firstly thought I would have an affogato, but with pina colada ice cream, because why not?! I like espresso, I like pina colada and I like ice cream! They use James' Gourmet Coffee (same as the plan, Ross on Wye roasters) formula 6 blend.  I forgot to get a picture, but the ice cream and espresso is served separately in modern glasses.  At first sip, it was a little strange (because obviously, pineapple and coffee), but after a little bit it mixed really well, and was weirdly tasty! I think I might start a pina colada and coffee cocktail or something and revolutionise coffee... Or not.. But it was actually really nice - super smooth and creamy ice cream as always, and good coffee, with a nice dark crema!

Following this, I tried their Salted Caramel Snicker-doodle ice cream - Salted caramel ice cream with chocolate fudge sauce and salted peanut brittle.  This was also pretty epic.  It was so sweet, but so nice! This has to be my favourite ice cream place by far!

Snickerdoodle!


P.S. - If anyone knows where to get liquid nitrogen (with not too much difficultly), please say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment