Total Pageviews

Monday 7 December 2015

Darwin, Australia

Firstly, sorry I haven't posted in a while - last few months have been rather busy!  Been focusing on my degree, which is plenty of work...

As you can probably tell from the name, I have travelled to Australia - Northern territory,and went to Darwin and around Kakadu! This can be a proper coffee post, as everyone knows, Australians know their coffee! (in the cities anyway)

After about 24 hours of travelling, finally arrived in Darwin at 4am local time - and couldn't check in until 2PM, so decided to find some coffee shops (my brother has been here about 15 months so recommended a few!)

First up was to Parap Market, where I found Mad About Tea and Coffee.  Inside was a shop full of tea and coffee making products - everything you could think of! At the back they sell coffee, which was very popular and well made - this coffee was extremely well needed!! It was incredibly smooth and had slight nutty tastes - however I wanted a little more of a kick, but still was a great place!

Later on, we went for lunch in coffee 21 in the mall.  This had pretty decent quality food, and fantastic coffee! This coffee was also very smooth, and had a wave and tulip on.

The next day called for as much sleep as possible, but was still dragged around places by my dad for the next couple days... This meant I couldn't relax and find coffee shops (but at least have now done all the tourist crap around!) However, to my surprise, they sell quite nice iced coffee in supermarkets here! They mostly taste of actual coffee, which is more than can be said for most.... I basically survived on these for the next few days (with the odd few pints added to the mix). 

I also found to my surprise, that McDonalds actually make quite nice coffee here! So this helped survival for a bit...

The next day, I found a decent coffee shop really close to where I'm staying, which became my morning coffee stop.  It had a friendly atmosphere, with the Barista chatting to us when we came in.  The walls were colourful with some art on the walls made out of recycled products.  The coffee here always has really nice art on, being well defined.  It has a bit of a kick which is great for mornings!  Here, they also sell sailors brew, cold brew coffee (in bottles) which was incredibly useful for going into the outback! 





One other place I visited was Duck's Nuts - I had heard a lot about this place, and apparently had a barista who is extremely good at latte art, but it turns out he left to go travelling the day before I went there! However the coffee was still decent, and had a nice beer to stop the heat from getting to my head!


(sorry I forgot to post this earlier!) It was a great holiday with pretty sunsets! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment